Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 2

So I couldn't sleep last night because I was...get this...excited (yes I used the word excited) to start working out today and so I got up at 6am!!! 


I just finished my 2nd day of P90X which I had to skip a DVD because I think my daughter has it in her computer so I did their legs and back DVD! ALOT of squats and wall squats and more squats! I think they are bittersweet...I love/hate the wall squats at the same time! I love them because I can feel the pain right away so I feel like I'm accomplishing something but hate it because I can feel the pain right away and it hurts!!!! 


My favorite part so far of the 2 days are my juice plus chocolate (with half banana) protein shake I get to have right after my workout! It's sooooo yummy!!!! Is that bad that I said that...after all...this is a weight loss journey and I just posted my favorite part was the chocolate shake??? 


Had lunch with my friends and ordered a greek salad with salmon! Ah-ha a better choice! normally I wouldn't have cared and ordered their fish & chips or something with fries...but the salad was delicious! I have to say that after a couple of hours of having lunch...I'm craving something sweet and normally I would reach for a brownie or a cookie or some ice cream but today I think I will reach for a couple of strawberries instead! Ah-ha! a better choice :)


Tonight I had a salad for dinner but it's been a struggle tonight as my head is starting to hurt (I think from all the sugar I have been eating and my body was used too and now really cutting back the last 2 days...the same with caffeine from having 2 cans of pepsi nearly everyday the past few weeks...BTW I found a pepsi that is made from cane sugar vs. high fructose and in my mind I justified it was okay to drink because it didn't have high fructose!!! good one Kate...Ah-ha a BAD choice!) and it's also a struggle tonight because my body really really aches! It's so sore from the 2 days of P90X! I can't sit down or get up without hurting! People say that's a good thing...but really? is it really a "good" thing to not be able to laugh without it hurting? or sit down to use the toilet? or wash your hands without wincing? Hmmmmmm.....I'm going to have to look up the definition of "good"!


here's the breakdown for Day 2

  • 60 minuetes of legs/back P90X 
  • 75 crunches
  • excited in the AM but tired by night and a little discouraged as my head hurts/body achs
  • really tired today and lathargic probably from the lack of caffeine/sugar my body has been used too
  • didn't track my calories but around 1200










2 comments:

  1. an HOUR of P90X? WOW! That's amazing. I'm counting stretching fence wire and building a retaining wall as my strength building. :)
    Did you have a protein in your salad at dinner? Just wondering, because that might help with the lethargy.
    Love you! I'm just going to email you my progress, if that's okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis I'm feeling it today!!! I of course don't do exactly what Tony does...but I do the whole thing! Those things you're doing are awesome!!! I don't think I can do that! I had Tuna in my salad last night and salmon at lunch...but I should up my protein for sure! Yes, email me your progress girl! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete